Pages

Kaleidoscope


ka·lei·do·scope   /kəˈlaɪdəˌskoʊp/ noun

a continually shifting pattern, scene, or the like: The 1920s were a kaleidoscope of fads and fashions.



Reading my blog is like looking into a Kaleidoscope. I write about anything that is of interest to me at the time. Everytime you pick it up, you never know what your eyes will see - don't say I didn't warn you =)

Tuesday 18 September 2012

No, Its Not Okay

Ralph Lauren, Diesel, Lacoste, Takeshy Kurosawa, Louis Vuitton and Ed Hardy. These are just some of the few name brands that people have been driven to refrain from buying because so many counterfeits exist.

Personally I feel that it shouldn't matter if the brand is being faked or not when you know that you are wearing the real deal. It just disappoints me that some people would disrespect designers and fashion houses like that. Or even their bodies for that matter. In my student days, I remember coming to Johannesburg and finding some Guess Jeans on display at the market. Grabbing a pair and entering the make-shift fitting room,I put on the pair. Sure it felt comfortable and roomy for a skinny jean,but it felt itchy and irksome as well. Needless to say,I didn't buy it. Why should I spend R300 on junk when I could easily buy a pair of jeans at Mr Price for half the money? You get a great pair of jeans on your next date and some change to get a new t-shirt and some milkshakes. Think about it.


You don't buy a Diesel jean because its expensive - would R100 condoms wouldn't sell? You buy Diesel jeans because i) you love being unique and these high-end jeans you are wearing are the only ones in that size in the store (every store gets one size of each pair). ii) you love how the material never seems to whither or wear no matter how many times you wash it iii) you deserve the best and your heart is happy.

People love beautiful things but don't have the patience for them. They will tell you: "These items are the same. Just because these ones are cheaper doesn't mean the others are any better." At this point I simply ask: "Is that sweater also made of Cashmere?"

No comments:

Post a Comment